Monday. Biopsy day. Feeling very unsettled. It is so hard to wait. Wait for news that could say we are starting at square one. Dr. Kopp assures us that we just don't know anything yet for sure. Tentatively he will start another round of chemo tomorrow after the results of the biopsy. After the 6 days of chemo they will only let him recover for one week and then do another biopsy. Even though he won't be fully recovered, if that biopsy shows no leukemia cells they will start the transplant process (conditioning chemo etc.). He must NOT show any leukemia cells going into the transplant! That is crucial.
Waiting is hard. Feeling out of control is hard.
but...
I do have comfort in the fact that I know my Heavenly Father is in charge. I do feel peace with that knowledge and I am so grateful to have that knowledge. What an incredible blessing during troubled times! I am hanging on to that!!!
Labs today:
White blood cells: 1.4 (normal 4.5 - 13.5)
Red Blood cells: 9.2 (normal 13.5 - 17.5)
Platelets: 71 (normal 150 - 425)
ANC: 0 ( < 500 = severely neutropenic) (normal 2,000 - 5,000)
No comments:
Post a Comment